Wednesday, March 23, 2005

First Comments

Since I'm hoping to collect my thoughts here, making them available to me for when I start forgetting things, I'll start with just a couple things I noticed while creating my first blog.

I like the big orange "Create your blog now" button of blogger.com. It's so easy to click, it makes me want to actually create another one.

I like black backgrounds. This isn't really new to this blog, but it did motivate me to pick the "Minima Black" template. I think non-black pixels on my monitor are distracting. The window manager I've been using for the last 8 years or so has a black background. My rxvts are all black with no scroll bars. My console window has a black background. Etc.

I'm not sure about this blogging thing. Is this really a reasonable way to organize my ramblings? I actually tried putting ramblings on a web page, served by my computer at home, but I spent more time messing with Apache than I did writting stuff.

I'll quit for now... so I can get back to doing my job, but also because I already forgot the ramblings that inspired me to start this blog in the first place. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home